Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Angry Bear

Atmosphere: About the same as the previous place that was there.
Food Quality: Good, not great
Food Taste: Good...
Service: Not impressive
Kid Friendliness: So-so.
Overall: Was not impressed
Cost: on the high side. 12 oz steak was $22.
Favorite: nope.

We'd heard mixed reviews from friends about this new place over by Eastside Marketplace. So on my birthday we decided to try it out for ourselves. The waitress lost points by asking us if we were doing all right every so often, but she gained points by refilling our waters and letting my kids order their drinks in toddler-ese.

We got a steak and I was disappointed that it did not have amazing taste and it did have a good amount of inedible fat. With that price I had expected to be overwhelmed, but sadly it was comparable to the steaks I cook at home, which either says something good about my own grilling ability or something not-so-good about theirs.

The kids got a grilled cheese sandwich, which came with homemade bread and American cheese and steak fries.

I do have to mention the dinner salad, which came with crumbled dry cheese, fresh tomatoes and an excellent ranch dressing. That and the fresh bread almost redeemed the rest of the meal.

Overall, I'd say it gets a so-so review. We might try it again at some point, but I doubt it'll top our list. Still, a new restaurant might improve with time and if we hear good things we might try it again.

0 comments: