Wednesday, April 29, 2009

List of Places I Have Never Been

There aren't that many restaurants in the Moscow/Pullman area. Even so, I get in a rut which is a bad idea for writing a useful food blog. Over the next year I'd like to try each of the places I have never been at least once.

Sushi place in Moscow Hotel. Thank you to Austin Storm for calling my attention to it. I knew it was there but forgot about it.

The renovated Mark IV hotel, now operating under another name and new management. I haven't tried it since it changed. The Sandpiper.

That Sandwich place in the Old Post Office in Pullman.

The Korean/Japanese restaurant just below Stadium Way, in the motel.

The Thai place on Grand just north of the Post Office.

The Loco Hawaiian Plate Lunch. On Main a block north of Zion's Bank.

The Chinese place on Washington near the Post Office.

The Japanese place that used to be Sakura but I don't remember the new name. On Grand in Pullman.

The storefront place across from The Daily Grind.

Sella's Calzones

Vietnamese place up by Campus Commons

CUB?

The Hilltop


Footnote: Places I've visited but have not reviewed yet...

Teriyaki Joe's
Old Peking
The Chinese place next to Sister's Brew. (I have a personal story involving almost calling off my wedding at this place I'll tell some sometime.)
The Daily Grind
Basilios in Pullman
The Fireside Grille in Pullman
Tam's Family Dining
Denny's (I had the privilege of getting chewed out by the owner once. That's a pretty good story too.)
The Emerald Chinese
Rancho Viejo (The Old Farm in English)
Nuevo Vallarta
Pizza Huts in both towns
Winger's (closed due to huge fire... you can get their wings at Tucci's for now)
The Breakfast Club (Thanks, Anon!)
Applebee's
Patty's Kitchen

If anyone knows of restaurants I'm missing, let me know in a comment. I'll add them to my list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The chinese place you are thinking of (where Sakura used to be) is Mandarin House, it is Taiwanese (actually always has been) - the coconut shrimp is highly recommended. When you get around to Loco Grindz, everything Tanya makes is good, but the sesame chicken is one of my favs."

Anonymous said...

"I like your foodie blog. We have much the same tastes. In addition to what my wife already mentioned, if you go to Emerald Chinese in Pullman, we always seem to end up there so we can order the Seafood Soup and House Special Chicken...."

Anonymous said...

"Fun to read.....SKIP the Hilltop in Pullman...extremely BAD!!"

Anonymous said...

Have you been to The Breakfast Club in Moscow? I love their Green Eggs and Ham! Yum1